19 years experience designing for the web and technology. Experience working as a consultant, in small companies, startups, and enterprises. Educated in psychology and creative writing.
See my work history on LinkedIn.
I love to connect with people and talking, so if you’re seeing this page, click a link below and say hi. Doesn’t matter what topic!
You can contact me
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet and follow me at @erik_flowers.
- Check me out on Medium at http://blog.practicalservicedesign.com/@erik_flowers
Led and managed multiple product design teams, acting as principal designer and manager. Served as first member of several teams, recruiting, managing, and establishing team practices and structure. Reported into directors of product management and engineering, chief technical officers, chief design strategists, and design vice presidents.
Trailblazer with modern experience working in enterprise organizations, practicing service design innovation and transformative change. Co-founder of Practical Service Design, a global service design community of over 3500 members from around the globe. Writer and service design educator. Co-inventor of the Practical Service Blueprint.
Hands-on contribution to the end-to-end design process of “concept to customer.” Active designer and html/css coder and framework builder. Experience with web and mobile products, enterprise applications, consumer applications, and design systems. Experience researching, sketching, wireframing, prototyping, designing, and delivering final products.
Presenting, Workshops, and Publishing
Active presenter and publisher, speaking and teaching at user experience and service design conferences across the nation. Prolific writer, publishing articles on service design, customer driven innovation, building design culture, and practical service design methodologies. Publishes at blog.practicalservicedesign.com
Speaking and Workshops:
- Adaptive Path Service Experience Conference 2014 – A Service Design Odyssey
- Service Design Chicago 2015 – Practical Service Blueprinting Workshop
- Adaptive Path Service Experience Conference 2015 – Practical Service Blueprinting Workshop
- Evolve UX 2016 – Turning Customer Experience Pain into Service Design Opportunity
- Service Experience Chicago 2016 – Demystifying Service Design
- Service Experience Chicago 2016 – Life on the Service Design Working Ranch Workshop
- San Francisco Design Week 2017 – Beyond the Product: Silicon Valley Needs Service Design
- Service Design Network National Conference – Introduction to Service Design
- STLX Design Conference 2017 – Service Design Supower Powers
- Service Design Week 2017 – Service Design Bootcamp, Board Member
- Google Sprints Conference 2017 – Practical Customer Experience Design